Voting

Thursday, October 22, 2009

House Hunting

Yeah, right. Like that's gonna happen until we win the lottery. We really love where we live now, but after just four years, I feel like we've outgrown it. Isn't that a shame? I feel like I am constantly rearranging or purging stuff or just throwing away the junk. Yet, we still have a ton of stuff. George Carlin had a great skit about stuff. You get rid of stuff to make room for more stuff. Over and over and over, George.

One of my shows that I like to put on the TV when there really isn't anything else is House Hunters. I like to look at the houses and dream. Sometimes I really don't like any of the houses that the people are looking at, but sometimes, I really, really like the houses. That's where the problem comes in. Of course, we would probably just outgrow a new house, too. After watching tonight, here are a few things that I would really like in a home.

I must have acreage. I'm not talking a 1,000 acres or anything. Well, if we had a ton of money to spend I would be, but let's be a little more realistic shall we? I want lots of room for what we want to do. We would like to have chickens and goats. We would love to have a garden. I say we about the garden part, but I can tell you that hubby would probably have to do most of the work. I am really not much of a gardening person until harvest time. I don't mind the planting and doing a little weeding, but I don't really get into hours and hours of work. Of course, if we have a big garden, the kids would get to learn more about gardening than they ever wanted to know. Along with the garden and animals, we want room for the kids to roam and play. Us, too, truth be told. We like to walk our yard and hold hands and just talk. A pool is something we really want as well. You know all about our pool saga, which is still on going. We still don't have one, but we still have a big hole in the ground.

Believe it or not, I would like to have at least three bathrooms. Four would be better, but I could definitely live with three. I don't mind cleaning the bathroms and the kids are getting old enough to help with that. One would of course be the master, one for the girls, and one for the boy. Doesn't seem fair that the boy would get one all to himself, but boys are gross. If you are one, get over it. You know what I mean. If you have boys, you know what I mean. Either way, we all now it's a fact. It would be good for him to clean up after himself. The fourth would be for company or general use. If the kids had to share one and we only had three, that would be alright with me, too. In my bathroom, I like the seperate shower and tub. Our doors wouldn't be frosted like they are now, but clear glass. I like a door that opens as opposed to slides. And I would have jets in the tub. Yeah, say what you want, but I don't care. We have a great garden tub now, but jets would make it even better.

The big girl wouldn't have the biggest closet in the house, let me tell you what. That honor would go to me, thank you very much. It is not fair for her closet to be as big as it is. That has become one of our catch alls, and I need to change that, too. Just one more cleaning project that needs to be done is how I look at it right now. I would like some shelves in the closets for shoes so we don't need extra shoe racks and maybe built in dressers or storage similar to a dresser. We wouldn't have to put dressers in their rooms that way and take up space.

I would like a bigger kitchen and seperate dining room. Our last home and this one have a combined dining room and I would like to have room for a big table to have lots of family over for the holidays or just company for whatever reason. Lots of storage space and maybe a butler's pantry for storage of kitchen gadgets would be great. We have a pretty good sized pantry now, but there isn't tons of storage. Once again, just another cleaning project. Those are really starting to add up, now that I think about it.

A laundry ROOM is a big deal for me. At our last house, the washer and dryer were in the garage. In this one, it's at the back door. When I do laundry you have to turn the TV up to hear it over the washer. You can hear the darn thing all through the house because there isn't a buffer or door or anything to muffle the sound. I would like a table or counter top to fold the clothes so I can get the folding done right away, hopefully. Unless the lazies set in. That's always likely.

I would like two living areas and a homeschool room. I don't want to be forced into my bedroom when the kids are watching something or hubby. I want to be able to have a room for the kids to play and have their things besides their room or the living room. The homeschool room speaks for itself. I would like to be able to change it into a guest room when we have company or when we are no longer schooling. When the kids are done with school it could become an office maybe. Who knows?

Those are just a few of the things I would like to have. It sounds like a lot, but I like to dream big. One day, I'll get what I want. I'm praying for soon, because I have a lot of cleaning out to do. Can you hear the excitement in my voice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya!! The receptionist at the pediatrician said are you still at such-n-such address and I said yes, and probably will never change. I've found my perfect house. Everybody gets a bedroom. Two girls per bathroom, Donnie and I get our own, and there's a half bath for guests. There's even a laundry ROOM. When I can't sleep at night I walk through it in my mind and decorate it. And, damn, I am good at decorating that house!! I love house hunters, too. And I love you guys even more!!